Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What I've been up to.

Now that this past weekend is finished, I can now show you a couple of things I've been painting. I was at a meet of watercolour artists and this first painting had to remain a secret until after a guessing game there (which artist painted which painting). Here is the one I submitted which shows part of a pond in the meet's location. I called this one Peaceful Garden.

I also participated in a workshop taught by a wonderful artist named Charlene McGill (http://www.charmingart.org/) We all painted these wonderful Magnolias. Mine isn't finished yet so I'll keep you posted on my progress on it as well.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

step 12

This painting seems to be dragging on forever because I haven't had a chance to work regularly on it. At our club's open studio today I did a few more hours. I wanted to leave the shadows on the linen much lighter but it didn't work with the darker reflections in the bowl. Therefore, the most noticeable thing is the darker shadows beside the bowl. I also spent a lot of time just working all over the painting correcting small areas of colour and value.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Reflections step 11

I worked on this a for awhile while sitting at our local art club's open studio yesterday. Not much accomplished but I did little corrections here and there. I hope to do more on it today.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Step 10

Today I was able to get back to this after working the weekend. However, my painting time was also taken up by cutting some paper to fit a frame for a painting I have to draw out. It will be for a meet of watercolour artists that I get together with every June. I'll share that one when I get back.

Meanwhile, today I worked on the peeled orange and a bit on the cherries. The orange will be the focus of the painting so it is very slow going until I have the little bits worked out.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Step 9

I have decided to keep working on this and use a bit of white acrylic paint at the end to cover the masking fluid. I hope that works. In the meantime, I have worked on the glass of cherries this session.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I might have to scrap this one

I was painting again today and came to the point of taking off the masking fluid. The stuff wouldn't come off! It has soaked into the fibers of the paper and I'm stuck with it. Since it's yellow on all the white highlights I might have to start this one over (if I feel like doing it again). I am particularly annoyed because this is the first time it has ever happened to me. I bought a more expensive kind of masking fluid than usual to try it out. Needless to say I won't use it again. :( I might try using white paint over the spots to see if I can save it but it might be beyond saving.